Thursday, April 9, 2009

Nature Hike

Hi friends -
This week has been great - the weather has been gorgeous and just perfect for some nature hikes. This, of course, is one of my favorite things to do. I love going by myself, with my husband and especially with kids - seeing their faces light up when they see a cool beetle or animal footprint just makes my day. We went on two nature hikes this week and below is a list of some of the natural objects we saw:

Birds (robin, chickadee, Northern flicker, Canada geese, great blue heron)
Some kind of metallic beetle
Dandelions
Mullen
Bird nests (I think they were from the magpie)
Scat (a.k.a. animal poop)
Millipedes
Old wasp nests

I could go on and on, but you get the picture. I firmly believe that kids need exposure to the outdoors now more than ever. Simply being outside in nature starts to peak their interest in natural things around them. This can foster a life-long love of nature and all living things. So here at Monarch Kids, you can be sure that we include this aspect into so much that we do!

Tomorrow we are planning an outing to Monkey Bizness here in Parker. The kids will have a blast! And then to top off our Friday, we'll be watching "Mary Poppins" in the afternoon. We very rarely watch a movie but I thought it would be a nice little treat. Plus "Mary Poppins" is one of my favorite movies. (P.S. My husband used to have a crush on her when he was a little boy - so cute!)

Have a great night!

Kendall Stark
Monarch Kids Childcare Provider

1 comment:

  1. Dear Kendall, I loved reading the recent updates and all you're doing. I wish I could be a kid in your group; you do really neat, fun things. Keep up the good work and continue having lots of laughs and fun--most important in life, don't you think.
    I love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete