Thursday, April 23, 2009

A New Discovery!

Hello -
The kids and I set out on a nature hike today along Cherry Creek Trail and discovered a great little park. The park is located back in the woods a bit and there are no parking lots right next to it, so its much quieter than most. You have to go on a bit of a walk to get there - which is fine with me, considering I love to hike and explore nature along the way. There are plenty of things to do at this park - they have the typical standbys like slides, swings, monkey bars and tunnels. But it also had a miniature rock wall, balance beam and a giant sand pit. We spent the majority of our time there - one of the kids dug for quite some time in hopes of finding some "buried treasure". Next to the park is a large field, basketball court, sand volleyball court and a picnic shelter. These are all the components needed for a perfect park! The kids absolutely loved it here and so did I. We'll definitely be going back there soon.

At the library story time, we sang a new song about dinosaurs. The kids enjoyed this as they got to stomp around the room like one of these pre-historic creatures. Pretty cute! Then for our story time before nap today we read a book called "Baby Colors" (my 2 year-old picked out this one!). It was great because once again, I showed them sign language for each of the colors mentioned in the book - and I also told them the Spanish translation for it. I really enjoy being able to incorporate both of these languages into our daily activities.

I guess that's about it for now - thanks for reading!

Kendall Stark
Monarch Kids Childcare Provider

No comments:

Post a Comment