Friday, April 17, 2009

Friday Conference

Hello -
Well, after braving the mid-April snow storm that we're getting hit with right now, I made it to the CAEYC conference in downtown Denver. I'm excited to go back tomorrow for day two.

Today I went to four sessions:
1) Ready! Set! Learn Through Music
2) Language & Early Literacy: Playing with Words & Sounds
3) Musical Math
4) Science: Hand-on Learning

I learned some great activities and games that I can work into our daily routine. Tomorrow will be very exciting because the keynote speaker will be talking about using American Sign Language will all children and incorporating that into classroom management and transitions. She is also fluent in Spanish and uses that component in her classes as well.

Here are the sessions I will be attending tomorrow:
1) Activities for Toddlers and Twos
2) Achieving School Readiness
3) Sign Language: A Passage to Literacy
4) What Every Infant & Toddler Needs

So let's hope I can make it on the roads tomorrow and get back to learning about these great lesson planning tools and activities. I know the kids will benefit greatly from what I've learned at this conference.

I'll update you all sometime next week. Thanks for reading!

Kendall Stark
Monarch Kids Childcare Provider

No comments:

Post a Comment