Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Sign Language

Hello -
Well, the second day of the CAEYC conference in Denver was even better than the first! I sat through the keynote speaker's presentation in the morning and then one of her sessions in the afternoon. She is fluent in Spanish and American Sign Language. I learned so much sign language in just one day. I did not know any going into this day and I came out with so much. And what's even better is that I've already started to incorporate that into my daily routine. Yesterday we were reading a book about colors and I was able to teach the kids signs for many of the colors in the book. One of the kids even went home and taught her mom what she had learned. I'm absolutely hooked on sign language now - I see how beneficial it is for all kids.

Well, that's about it for right now. I'll be sure to update you all later on this week. Have a great day and a great Earth Day tomorrow!

Kendall Stark
Monarch Kids Childcare Provider

No comments:

Post a Comment