Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Prepping for a Garden

Hello there friends!

Today I worked in the backyard and started preparing a spot for a garden. I love gardening so much and its also such a great activity to do with kids. I found this article that talked about different ideas for planting a garden with kids. It mentioned a "pizza garden", where you plant tomatoes, peppers, onions, basil...basically anything you would want to put on a pizza. Another idea they had was to plant a "rainbow garden". This would obviously have many different colored flowers and you could arrange them as a rainbow. How fun! I think we'll start with the pizza garden idea so that we can not only have fun planting the food, but also enjoy eating it! The area I'm using is a small plot of land which is great - I certainly don't want to bite off more than I can chew!

Well, thanks for reading. I'll keep you posted on the garden and other fun happenings at Monarch Kids!

Kendall
Monarch Kids Childcare Provider

No comments:

Post a Comment