Thursday, August 26, 2010

Keep talking!

Hey everyone -
Keep spreading the word about Monarch Kids Preschool. Word-of-mouth is so helpful!

Today I spent some time working on some lesson plans for our "All About Me" week. How fun! I found some great craft ideas, songs, games, puppet shows... I can't wait to do these activities with the kids.

When I was out on a walk today I went through the alphabet thinking of a nature or science-related item for each letter. For example, I'm thinking that around the time of Fall Festivals (or Halloween as some call it), we'll do "Icky Stickies" for the letter "I" (slugs, snails, goo, slime...). Or another routed we could go is "Creepy Crawlies" for the letter "C". I had so much fun thinking of different ideas. There really are so many options. For the letter "F" I'd love to do something for feathers, with birds being the broader topic. So we would focus on finches and flickers - which we have a lot of in our backyard. I have some great bird crafts and activities from all my days working at nature centers that I know the kids will love.

Anyway, I don't know if you can tell, but I'm very excited to start the preschool! The art wall is coming together at the house - and I'm finishing up some of our daily activities like the weather chart.

Thanks for reading - I'll be sure to keep you posted on other news. Have a great day!

Kendall Stark
Monarch Kids Preschool Teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment