Monday, March 30, 2009

Snow Days!

Hi everyone -
Well, this past week was a little unusual for us here. We had a major blizzard in Denver and the surrounding suburbs last Thursday and Friday. So many of the kids were picked up early on Thursday and were not able to come in on Friday due to being snowed in. I certainly missed the kids but it was good to catch up on some planning and general upkeep!

I mentioned the CAEYC conference in a post a couple of weeks ago. I officially registered today and am now trying to decide what breakout sessions to attend. There are so many choices - there are some tough decisions but I know that whatever session I go to, it will be very beneficial to myself and the children.

One last thing. I have a great children's book to recommend to all of you. It is called Ish and the author is Peter H. Reynolds. I have had several of my friends read this book and we all agree that it is so touching and has such a good take-away message for young children. So if you get a chance to read this one, it will certainly be worth it!

Have a great day and thanks for reading!

Kendall Stark
Monarch Kids Childcare Provider

1 comment: