Monday, December 6, 2010

Lesson Planning

I've had so much fun lesson planning for the preschool. I subscribe to "The Mailbox" - which is a great magazine resource for teachers of young children. I get the preschool edition of the magazine. It is full of great games, activities, snack ideas, science lessons, crafts, time management ideas...I really look forward to receiving it in the mail every other month! I don't get into magazines too much, but this one I love!

Anyway, it is a great resource for me as I plan for upcoming lessons. I've started to plan for the month of January. The first week's theme will be evergreens and the letter of the week will be "P". We'll spend our nature and science time studying pine cones and pine needles. There are gobs of arts and crafts centered around pine cones and needles that I can't wait to incorporate. My husband will be leading the kids in art projects and we've found some really cool ones involving needle art! One thing I did struggle with was finding some good stories about pine trees. There are many books out there about Christmas trees, but I really have been looking for ones that just have a fun story about an evergreen in general. I found a couple and will continue looking for some more.

Well, time to get back to it. Thanks for reading, and as always, spread the word about Monarch Kids Preschool. Its a blast!

Kendall Stark
Monarch Kids Preschool Teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment