Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hi everyone -
Today at storytime at the Castle Rock Library, the theme was centered around turkeys, eating and Thanksgiving. The kids and I had a good time listening to stories and singing turkey songs. My favorite story was called "I Know An Old Lady Who Swallowed a Pie" - basically the same as the story of the lady who swallowed a fly. The kids loved this one!

After nap time we attempted a craft where you make a turkey out of painted fingerprints. This would be great for older kids but I quickly discovered that my one year old struggled with this. So instead we just had fun letting him fingerpaint however he wanted - it was a beautiful looking turkey :)

I hope you all have a great day tomorrow with family and friends. Enjoy the time off!

Kendall Stark
Monarch Kids Childcare Provider

No comments:

Post a Comment